Welcome fellow travelers!
At Let Me Give You Some Advice, you’ll find lots of friendly wisdom about family travel in the Midwest and ways to live an adventurous life close to home.
I’ve found so many families that want to get out and explore the world around them but aren’t able to hop on a plane to collect passport stamps each weekend. I’m passionate about making sure parents and kids know that adventure is a mindset and spending time being curious about the world around you can start in your own backyard.
Because if you’re like me, you don’t have a never-ending vacation policy or unlimited budget but you do want to make sure your kids get to experience the joy of a new discovery. You want to make sure that the things you try are worth your time and money.
Maybe you’re looking to escape the endless cycle of weekend soccer games and weekday carpool lines or you’ve noticed how quickly your time with your kids is passing by. Maybe the business of work or school keeps you from having time to plan adventures. You might even be feeling a bit stuck and wanting to discover new ways to personally live and parent a little more bravely.
If so, you’ve come to the right place!
Here you’ll find help with things like
- Hitting the road as a family to discover a new destination
- Planning a family getaway right here in the Midwest
- Finding a new book, show or product that you love
- Discovering a parenting tip that makes you feel a little bit smarter
- Learning something new about yourself or the world around you
Living an adventurous life doesn’t just mean globetrotting but also learning, growing and discovering new things. I make sure that you can plan both big and small adventures for yourself and your family.
I’m Lindsay, founder of Let Me Give You Some Advice and mom to two adventurous boys. I’ve been a Midwestern girl for most of my life and love a good road trip with my husband and kids. I’ve never met a piece of cheesecake I didn’t love, libraries make me swoon and I’m a super ninja when it comes to finding things on the Internet.
Some fun travel facts about me:
- I spent a semester in Spain in college
- I barely escaped a flood in Rome
- My favorite souvenirs are dishes for my kitchen – even though I don’t cook
- I get motion sick on just about any vehicle (Dramamine’s my friend)
- I’ve visited 35 states so far
- My pillow almost always travels with me
- Researching my next trip is almost as much fun as taking it
- My dream is to live in an Airstream and travel the country for a year
I’d love to connect!
Sign Up for My Newsletter
Sign up to receive my monthly newsletter – a personal note from me each month with exclusive tips, ideas and advice.
Follow me on Social Media
Some content may be sponsored by paid advertisers but all reviews and content are based on my own honest opinions. I work hard to promote brands that I feel are a good value and useful to my readers. All sponsored content is clearly disclosed in order to make it transparent when a sponsor or affiliate is being mentioned. Please use my Contact form if you have any questions.
LetMeGiveYouSomeAdvice.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com. Some posts contain affiliate links and I will receive a small amount from your purchase (at no cost to you) in order to help keep the blog running. Your support is very much appreciated!